Administrative Region and Language
Gapyeong County has one eup and five myeon, and its population is 62,448 with 29,212 households based on resident registration at the end of December 2016, with an area of 843.6 km2. About 31.6 percent of the population lives in Gapyeong-eup, while 23.1 percent live in Cheongpyeong-myeon.
Gapyeong is known for its natural environment, and borders the mountainous province of Gangwon on the east. The north branch of the Han River flows through the area. Several reservoirs and resorts are located in the county. The Namiseom resort island, while not strictly located in the county, is situated very close south of Gapyeong.
The school serves as a post-graduate institution teaching Unification theology.
Cheongshim International Academy is located in the county as well.
- ^ “행정구역 – 가평군청 홈페이지에 오신걸 환영합니다”. www.gp.go.kr. Retrieved 2019-06-07.
- ^ “Makgeolli Festival (막걸리 페스티벌)”. Retrieved June 14, 2021.
- ^ “Makgeolli Festival to Kick Off Next Week”. KBS World. October 20, 2015. Retrieved June 14, 2021.
- ^ “KK and S. Korean city Gapyeong to be sister cities”. The Star. 7 December 2019. Archived from the original on 23 August 2020. Retrieved 23 August 2020.
- ^ Minsoo, Kim (8 December 2019). “김성기 가평군수, 관광 활성화 위해 말레이시아 방문해 가평군 홍보” [Gapyeong County Chief Kim Seong-gi visits Malaysia to promote Gapyeong County] (in Korean). Kyeongin. Archived from the original on 23 August 2020. Retrieved 23 August 2020.